You are a person concerned about your privacy, you don’t like your partner being able to control everything you do while browsing the Internet. So maybe you’re not even doing anything wrong, yours is a matter of principle, that’s all.
Or would you like to surprise those you love the most in the world, avoiding in the most absolute way that they get to know each other: have you ever seen that too much curiosity… But no more talk, in this article we will explain you step by step how to clear google history on iPhone, iPad And Macso you can sleep peacefully after any type of online research.
How to Clear Google History on Mac
To clear your Google history on Mac, simply open a browser of your choice and sign in to your Google account. Once logged in, you just need to follow a simple procedure that will affect the section Data and privacy. But let’s go in order.
- Open Safari browser and log in to the page myaccount.google.com. If you’re already signed in to your Google account, you won’t be prompted to sign in to your account.
- Select “Data and Privacy” in the left menu.
- Scroll down until you find the section “History Settings”then click the button “My activities”.
- Select “Web and App Activity” to view and delete your activity.
- On the new page that opens, locate the section “View and delete activity”then select “Manage all web and app activity”.
- On the next screen, click “DELETE”, then choose whether you want to delete the activity for the last hour, for the last day or since the beginning or for a custom time range. You can also choose to delete activity for a single product (for example, Chrome) or for all products (Youtube, Google Assistant, Discover, Google lens, etc.). Before proceeding, remember that when you delete an activity from your account, it will no longer be used by Google to personalize your browsing experience.
- Push the button “After you” continue.
- Click on the button “DELETE” to confirm deletion of the activity.
Read also: How to show Google Maps history and turn it off
How to clear google history with google app
If you want to clear google history on your mobile device whether it is iPhone or iPad it makes no difference, instead of Safari browser you can use theGoogle Apps. This way the operation will be easier and faster, all you need is the Google app (if you haven’t already, download it for free from the Apple Store).
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Google app.
- Tap the profile icon in the top right and tap up “Search History”.
- Push the button “DELETE” and choose to clear history for today, all activity, or a custom time range.
- Push the button “ALL RIGHT” at the bottom right to confirm the action.
- You can also choose to disable Google search history. By default, the Mountain View company collects history, because the parameter named “Web and app activity is enabled”, but no one is stopping you from preventing Google from collecting this information. To do this, tap on the item “Controls” present in the menu above.
- Push the button “Disable”.
- In the new screen that opens, Google informs you about what happens after the function is suspended “Web and App Activity”. In short, a break means less personalization of your experience with Google apps, such as Discover, Maps, YouTube, and more. This suspension applies “across all sites, apps and devices” to which you are logged in with the Google account in question.
- Once you’ve read Google’s warning, tap “To suspend” to confirm the deactivation of “Web and App Activity”.
There you have it, our guide to how to clear google history on iphone, ipad and mac ends here. It was simple, wasn’t it?
Well, before saying goodbye, we invite you to take a look at our other most popular guides on the same subject: