We are back in the middle of a heatwave in Spain to tell you about Microsoft Edge Dev. Already established in branch 94 receives a new update this week. A version that comes with some very interesting improvements. This time we go from the version 94.0.972.0 to the version 94.0.975.1 then we show you the new features, improvements and known errors.
Hi Insiders! The Dev Channel update to 94.0.975.1 is available today, including new features like a faster timer for Sleeping Tabs. Check out Josh’s summary on our Insider forum, including some news for extensions and web developers: https://t.co/u7ArMf0HLT pic.twitter.com/dl3LjE0Wd0
– Microsoft Edge Dev (@MSEdgeDev) August 10, 2021
Microsoft Edge Dev is updated to version 94.0.975.1
Adding Features to Edge
- An option has been added in Pending tabs to put lashes to sleep after less than a minute of inactivity.
- Added the amount of resource savings provided by waiting in the tab preview scrolling pop-up.
- Support has been added for using PNG images as PWA custom icons.
- The option to print to PDF in landscape mode is enabled by default.
- Improved installation dialog for PWA / websites as default included apps.
- Administration rules added:
- To check if the password generator is enabled
- To control the main password settings on Mac
- To control if passive application protection mode is enabled, which bypasses approved and unapproved site lists
- To set the list to Add Edge Token to User Agent Chain for URLs, which is the list of sites that will see the “Edg” token added to the UA chain
- An option has been added to the management policy to control extension settings that determine whether the extension icon is pinned to the toolbar.
- Web capture reactivated on Linux.
- Fixed an issue where browsing to certain websites would sometimes crash the browser.
- Fixed an issue where clicking a Restart button in settings would crash the browser.
- Fixed crash when shutting down.
- Completed a lock on the opening.
- Fixed a crash on Android 12.
- Fixed an issue where Windows would stop responding after unplugging a monitor.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the Appearance Settings page is empty.
- I found an issue on M1 macs where the password settings page is blank.
- Fixed an issue where search in settings was empty.
- Found and fixed an issue where an error sometimes occurs while saving a PDF.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where profiles are deleted after installing an update.
- Fixed an issue where extensions did not work on PWAs or websites installed as apps.
- Fixed an issue where PWAs or websites installed as apps would sometimes close on their own.
- Fixed an issue where searches initiated from context menus would sometimes open blank search pages instead of searching for the expected term.
- Fixed an issue where sidebar searches sometimes did not find the correct text.
- Fixed an issue where using touch input to scroll the vertical tab panel would also change the active tab.
- Changed an issue where the Efficiency Mode toolbar icon sometimes cannot be hidden.
- Fixed an issue where non-commercial websites were sometimes added to collections as if they were commercial websites.
- Locates an issue where collections are unexpectedly disabled.
- Fixed an issue where the active tab sometimes changes unexpectedly when moving tab groups.
- I found an issue on Android where the connection to Google fails.
- Fixed an issue in WebView2 applications where controls such as dropdowns sometimes do not work because they appear behind the window instead of covering it.
- Fixed an issue where the entire browser would occasionally flicker black when watching videos while browsing another page.
- Overriding the management policy to control whether the Open Microsoft Links in Edge setting is enabled by the policy to control whether opening enhanced links in Edge is enabled.
- The management policy to control whether user agent client tips are enabled is deprecated.
Known bugs for this version
- Users of some ad blocking extensions may experience playback errors on YouTube. As a workaround, temporarily disabling the extension should allow playback to continue.
- Some users still have an issue where all tabs and extensions immediately crash with a STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error. The most common cause of this error is outdated antivirus or security software from vendors like Symantec, and in those cases updating this software will fix it.
- Sometimes Kaspersky Internet Suite users who have installed the associated extension may see web pages such as Gmail not loading. This error is caused by the fact that the main Kaspersky software is outdated, so it is corrected by ensuring that the latest version is installed.
- Some users see bookmarks doubling after previous fixes were made in this area. The most common way to trigger this is to install Edge’s stable channel, then sign in with an account that’s already signed in to Edge.
- Some users experience “jitter” behavior when scrolling using trackpad gestures or touch screens. Here, scrolling in one dimension also causes subtle page scrolling in the other. Note that this only affects certain websites and appears to be worse on some devices. This is likely related to the work in progress to bring the lag back to par with Edge Legacy behavior. So if this behavior is unwanted, we can turn it off temporarily. Disable edge flag: // flags / # edge-experimental-scrolling