Among the hybrids, the Sigma fp L is certainly one of the most particular. Small and compact like a Micro Four Thirds, inside it sports a full-frame sensor of good 61 megapixels: just 427 grams of weight. In addition to the photographic functions, Sigma fp L offers a video sector that makes it a small video camera: the camera can record internally in UHD 4K 30p 12 bit format, also in CinemaDNG format and on the HDMI port it allows recording up to at 12-bit Cinema DNG Raw, Apple ProRes RAW and Blackmagic RAW to external SSD. Over HDMI it is also possible to use DCI 4K 4096×2160 pixels at exactly 24p.
Sigma is now updating the camera firmware and releasing version 2.00. Here are all the new features in detail:
Sigma fp L VER. 2.00
- Add function [falsi colori] display the exposure values screen in different colors so that you can check the correct exposure in different parts of the frame.
- Adds Focus Control Ring function which allows linear and non-linear focusing using the ring
- 1 For compatible lenses only
- 2 To use this function, you need to update the lens firmware to the latest version.
- Adds Link function to CINE and PHOTO settings, the function allows you to choose whether or not to use the same camera settings for still photography and cinematography.
- These are the settings for: Photo Capture, Shutter Speed, Aperture, Exposure Compensation, ISO
- Assigns the Custom button functions to Screenshot and False Color Changes the specs so that the countdown timer before a self-timer shot (2 seconds and 10 seconds) and exposure time for exposures (shooting in bulb mode and exposures of 1 second or longer).
- Adds a function for PHOTO mode that allows you to view the lens focal length and focus distance on the screen.
- Adds a “Clip Numbering” function in CINE mode that allows users to change clip numbering in “File Name / Number” of the “SYSTEM” menu.
- Improves the correction algorithm for color tone correction.
- Improves the operation of “Pre-AF” in PHOTO mode and “Constant AF” in CINE mode.
To update the firmware, refer to next link.
Note for Blackmagic Design Video Assist 12G series users: Blackmagic RAW recording using the HDMI output of SIGMA fp L updated to version 2.00 may not work properly without the Video firmware update Assist. You may need to wait for Blackmagic Design to update the firmware.