Among the various video-on-demand services available in Italy, the one that has received a lot of praise in recent months is TIMVision. The service of the famous telecommunications brand, unlike other streaming services such as Netflix or PrimeVideo, also uses special physical components such as the set-top box and remote control to operate. The TIM decoder integrates Android TV inside and allows you to see the entire Serie A and the Champions League as well as to view the content offered by the various dedicated platforms such as Disney +, Infinity and Infinity +, DAZN, and many more.
Like all other services of this type, it can often happen that TIMBox (this is the name of the TIM decoder) does not work or does not connect to the network. To overcome these issues, in this article we have put together some solutions for you.
Check the Wi-Fi signal
One of the possible reasons why the TIMBox is not working may be the lack of a network. For this reason, a first check to do is check the Wi-Fi signal. If the decoder is connected to the home Wi-Fi network, perform the following checks:
- move the decoder closer to the modem;
- turn off all other devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
At this point, try again to view the previously chosen content.
Check the correct insertion of the cables
While this might seem trivial, in some cases the issues that have arisen are the children of improperly connected cables, so what you need to do is verify that they are properly connected.
The cables to be checked are those of the antenna and the Ethernet cable is inserted correctly. In the case of antenna cable, the latter must be inserted into the designated entry INPUT antenna placed on the back of the TIMBox. As with the Ethernet cable, you will need to check both ends of the cable so that they are securely connected both behind the modem and into the correct entry behind the set-top box.
TIMVISION error codes
When to have problems TIMVISION, gods appear on the screen error codes; each code refers to a specific problem. Below is a list of the most common errors and possible solutions:
- 10001,10002,10005: Content not accessible or Channel not supported. Solution: make sure the Internet connection is operational;
- 10006: Temporarily not available. Solution: Check that the content has been purchased and try to watch the same content again;
- 10007, 10008, 11000: Service not available, Channel not supported, Channel not available or not supported. Solution: try to watch again or select another content;
- 10009, 01001, 11001: An error has occurred. It is necessary to restart the decoder;
- 10010: Insufficient bandwidth for correct content playback. Solution: Perform a speed test on your line and check the strength of the Wi-Fi signal.
Reset the decoder
Once the necessary cables and network checks have been carried out, if the problem persists, a reset the decoder. To do this, you will need to perform the following steps:
- go to the main menu of the decoder and press the item Settings;
- after that you will have to select the item Memory and recovery;
- at this point, choose the voice Factory data reset, Press the button OK and confirm your choice by clicking on the article Reset all.
In case even resetting did not fix the problem then what you need to do is Contact support. To get in touch with TIM technicians, the number to call is 187. If the service also confirms the fault, you can take advantage of the free replacement by bringing the old decoder to a service center. Finally, it is worth remembering that TIM decoders are covered by a guarantee of 48 months.
Doubts or problems? We help you
Don’t forget to subscribe to ours Youtube channel for videos and other reviews. If you want to stay informed, subscribe to our Telegram string And Follow us on Instagram. If you would like to receive assistance with any questions or issues, subscribe to ours Faceboo communityk Where contact us on Instagram. Don’t forget that we have also created a search engine filled with exclusive coupons and the best promotions on the web!