The Build 22000.160 Windows 11 has just been made available to users of the Windows Insider Dev and Beta channels. This is a very small update with a single fix and several known bugs that are already familiar to us.
Everything indicates that we will not receive any more new aesthetics in the coming weeks and Microsoft will only take care of continuing to correct known and other errors that may arise as well as presenting new applications for the Windows 11 system. Yesterday we saw the stylish renewal of Microsoft Paint. Also, it lacks a great feature to access the system before its launch: support for Android applications.
ISO now available!
For the first time, Microsoft has released Windows 11 official ISO. The version chosen for this was 2200.132. Thanks to ISOs, we will be able to achieve clean installation Windows 11 or upgrade from Windows 10.
When installing Windows 11, we will find the new OOBE (out of box experience) totally renovated. This new OOBE was created following the modern design lines of Windows 11 and its purpose is to help us configure our device while creating expectations for what is to come.
Following user feedback, the possibility of choose the name of our device since.
Changes and Improvements
- The new Clock app for Windows 11 with Focus Sessions is now available for Dev Channel Insiders. In this post all the information about it is detailed.
- Microsoft has been testing a feature these weeks that told us how long it would take a restart of our PC to install an update. From now on, this function will stop working on computers with hard drive until certain bugs related to it are corrected.
Build 22000.160 fixes
- Fixed a bug where the “location in use” icon was displayed in the taskbar even when the function was blocked by our preferences.
- [RECORDATORIO] When upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10 or installing an upgrade to Windows 11, some features may be outdated or removed. You can read more about it in this connect.
- They are investigating an issue where on some devices, by going to Settings> Windows Update> Windows Insider program, only the option is visible “Stop getting drafts”. This prevents Insiders from selecting a channel. They posted a solution on Answers.
- [CANAL BETA] They’re investigating insider reports on the beta channel where after upgrading to Windows 11 they can’t see the new taskbar and the Start menu isn’t working. To resolve this issue if you are affected, you need to go to Windows Update History> Update, uninstall the latest cumulative update for Windows, and reinstall it by checking for updates.
- Finally, they’re working on a fix for an issue that is causing some devices to Surface Pro X check for errors with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.
- In some cases, we may not be able to enter text when we use Find from Beginning or Taskbar. If you have encountered such a problem, press WIN + R on your keyboard to launch the Run dialog box and then close it.
- System area and Windows terminal are missing when you right-click the Start button (WIN + X).
- The taskbar will sometimes blink when changing the input method.
- After clicking the Search icon on the taskbar, the Search panel may not open. If this happens, restart the process of “Windows Explorer” and reopen the search panel.
- The search panel may appear in black and display no content below the search box.
- On devices with a stylus, apps may not launch from the search panel. If you are having this problem, please log out and log back in to resolve the issue.
- Some searches that use the search box in settings may crash settings.
- They are investigating insider reports with paired Bluetooth LE devices experiencing an increase in Bluetooth reliability issues. As well as error checks after exiting hibernation or when Bluetooth is disabled.
- The widget table may appear empty. To avoid the problem, we can log out and then log back in.
- Widgets may appear in the wrong size on external monitors. If you have this problem, you can start widgets via button or via win + W and then start widgets on secondary monitors.
- [Widget de familia] Some users may see a message from “Connect a device to see screen time activity” even with screen time settings enabled.
- [Widget de familia] Location information may not be available for some users on iOS.
- They are working to improve the relevance of search in the Store, including fixing an issue where in some cases the order of search results is inaccurate.
- The install button may not yet be functional in certain limited scenarios.
- Ratings and reviews are not available for some apps.
- In Windows Sandbox, the language input selector does not start after clicking the taskbar icon. To work around the problem, users can change their input language through one of the following hardware keyboard shortcuts: Alt + Shift, Ctrl + Shift, or Win + Space (the third option is only available if the sandbox is in full screen).
- There is an issue where some users may see missing translations. This happens for a small subset of languages running the latest versions of Insider Preview. To confirm if you have been affected, visit this post in the Answers Forum and follow correction steps.
Microsoft Team Chat
- The experience is in English (US) only. New languages and additional locales will be added soon.
- When we make an outgoing call, when we do not hear a ringtone, the user interface indicates that the call is connected.
- During a video call, people’s videos sometimes freeze or show a black image. There is a solution to this problem which is to pin the crashing video and unpin it to resolve the issue.
- When switching between calls, the previous call is not automatically put on hold, so audio and video streams continue on both calls. Make sure you end one call before answering the next
How to download it
To download it, just go to Settings> Windows Update> Check for updates. Remember that you must be registered in the Dev or Beta channel of the Windows Insider program to receive these builds.