After the rumors that have been running for many months, even years, that is to say since the inauguration of the streaming platform, a few minutes ago during Disney Plus Day, Marvel and Disney have formalized the arrival, in 2023, of X-Men ’97, the sequel to the historic animated series that aired between 1992 and 1997 in the United States and of which you can pick up our special.
X-Men ’97, the sequel to the 90s animated series
At the moment, very little is known about X-Men ’97, However, it is certain that it will be a direct sequel to the ’90s series (76 episodes in total) and will see some of the original voice cast returning including: Cal Dodd, Lenore Zann, George Buza, Adrian Hough, Christopher Britton, Catherine Disher, Chris Potter, Alison Sealy-Smith, Alyson Court. To these will be added the new entries: Jennifer Hale, Anniwaa Buachie, Ray Chase, Matthew Waterson, JP Karliak, Holly Chou, Jeff Bennett, AJ LoCascio.
X-Men ’97 will be produced by Charley Feldman and Beau DeMayo who will also star as showrunner assisted by Eric and Julia Lewald, while director Larry Houston will direct. Supervision will be in place of veteran Jake Castorena with Charley Feldman.
The Disney + offer
Disney Plus previews
On Friday the 12th from 3pm new trailers and exclusive clips will arrive on official Disney Plus social channels. as well as contributions from the creators and stars of Disney Plus related to upcoming content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star.
- A new documentary titled The creation of happier than ever: Love letter to Los Angeles about Billie Eilish’s recent concert on Disney Plus
- Marvel Studios assembled: Behind the Scenes of Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, a special documentary that chronicles the making of one of Marvel Studios’ most recent movie releases
- Marvel Studios Legends: Hawkeye, an episode that brings to life all of the MCU’s epic Hawkeye moments before the arrival of the original Disney Plus series
- The musical, romantic and fantastic As if by magic 2007, with Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey, a mixture of live action and animation
- The recent original Disney Channel movie Mix DJ Spin in which Rhea, an American teenage girl of Indian origin, discovers her passion for the world of DJs and begins to devote herself to music production by merging her South Asian culture with the world around her
These previews join the previous titles announced to come exclusively during the Disney Plus Day including Dopesick – Declaration of Addiction, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Jungle Cruise, Home Sweet Home Alone – Mom, I Missed the Plane, Olaf’s Tales, Hi Alberto, The Simpsons in Plusaversary, The Second World Jeff Goldblum and Weaving of the past.